Saturday, July 10, 2010

Flat Stanley


Last month we participated in a homeschool pen pal project. A family from Texas mailed us their Flat Stanley. I asked Lilah where we should take him and without hesitation she said to our garden! So off we went. Our garden is a plot in a larger community garden. We surrounded our plot with American Flags. It is beautiful. Our family is patriotic. My Grandfather is a WWII vet. My Uncle served in the Navy. My cousin, a Vietnam Vet. Next month my brother is set to lead a platoon of young Marines to war. My family knows that freedom is not free.



Check out other L.E.N.S Challenge Entries at Home Is Where You Start From



6 comments:

  1. Love Flat Stanley. I followed your blog, I noticed we use some of the same homeschool curriculum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I just read your most recent post. I have to check out the Horrible Science books. I think my girls would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute pic! My daughter and I did our own Flat Stanley project last year, it was a lot of fun! I have a brother currently in Afghanistan. I'll keep your brother in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love what this picture represents... and the image itself. Fun, exploration, geography, patriotism, gardening, family. So many elements to appreciate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love Flat Stanley!! Really, a cute take on the theme this week. Thank you for entering this very fun photo into the challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...