Friday, August 13, 2010

Welcome Letters from the Teacher



This time of year most children are rushing to the mailboxes anticipating their letter from their new teacher. When I was teaching, I enjoyed sending these letters, introducing myself, sharing my hobbies and summer highlights. When my girls were in school, they looked forward to this letter, or postcard, every year. The welcome to school letter is the first connection the child has with his or her new teacher.

This year I had the idea to write my own welcome back letter. I thought about the supplies we would need and how fun it would be to shop for things other than an 8 pack of crayola crayons, three notebooks of specified color, three folders in corresponding colors and a pencil case (not to mention the boxes of tissues, antibacterial wipes and cleaners we needed to contribute). We will still need basic supplies like lunch boxes for when we picnic at the Audubon and folders for transporting our research safely to and from the library. We will also need the not-typical back to school supplies for our art and science lessons.

Our supplies include Prismacolor markers, clay, a gram scale, Rosetta Stone Spanish, Field Guides, charcoal pencils, and oil pastels, as well as folder, pencils, and fresh new pink erasers! I can’t wait to go back to school shopping with my girls this year.

I wonder how they will react to receiving their welcome back letter this year?


2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Wow, I have a lot of work to do...I still don't know what supplies we need!! I bet the girls will be excited to get these letters! I think you are all going to have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may have my letters done but I still have not ordered Grace's math and our reading curriculum (I am going to try the same as you!) My learning lounge has morphed into Lilah's craft studio and my house is a disaster. You are fine. It all works out and it is not like we are working with a deadline......
    We may start some lessons on Monday because the girls have been asking to start. I will only start with what we have and as we get into the new routine, I will add in more subjects.
    You should relax, enjoy your upcoming trip (it is certainly educational!) and remember, it will all fall into place.
    We need to reset our date to meetup when you get back!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...