Thursday, September 30, 2010

Ying/Yang


Theresa, at Our Life in Words honored me with my first blog award!  Thank you so much.  Blogging is more than a hobby.  For me, it is therapy.  I take the thoughts that I struggle with, put them down and in doing so, release them into my journal.  Once they are on "paper" they are no longer taking up space inside me.  I can process them more easily.  What seems overwhelming becomes manageable.  What was once daunting is doable.  Frustrating becomes challenging.  And so on and so on.  


At times it may seem weird to put all my hopes, dreams, plans, goals and frustrations, concerns and questions out there for all to read but I am so thankful that I do.  For when I am stuck in a situation, I have so many people who have come this way before me to lean on.  The words of encouragement, support, advice and wisdom guide my choices, point me in different directions and steady me.  You are the ying to my yang.  Thank you for taking the time to help me on this journey!

The "rules" of accepting are 1) share 7 things about yourself  and 2) pass it along to 15 blogs you admire.  

My 7 things:
  • I have been feeling lately like I would like a third child and I have no idea why.  I do not want to carry a child but I would welcome a child into my family. Perhaps it is all the babies around me lately....
  • I am about to become an Aunt again any day.
  • I am not a good housekeeper but I try very hard.
  • I feel lost since I finished The Hunger Games trilogy and do not have a book to read.
  • I am looking forward to attending my first Catholic Conference at a local university next month.  The woman who wrote Left to Tell, Immaculée Ilibagiza, is speaking.
  • I helped relocate 30 UN Relief Workers to Rwanda just weeks before the genocide and I think of them often.
  • Someday I would like to write a book.
Blogs I admire and read often for relaxation and inspiration:

3 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about blogging and the wonderful community of bloggers!

    I don't know if I told you this, but our church worked in conjunction with other churches to build a school in Rwanda. A few years ago, in December, we had several young people come to our church and play Rwandan music and show us examples of their dance and then we had the opportunity to dance with them...it was such an amazing experience! The spirit and the positive energy of the people was awesome and life changing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the award! :) I too love blogging and I'm so glad you enjoy reading! I'm about to be an aunt again too! My younger sister is due in 3-4 wks with a baby girl. Can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jessica, for such a sweet blog award:) I think I only read 15 blogs, when I am lucky (I am behind right now from being gone camping!), so I am not sure I can accept, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...