Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Top 5 Posts of 2010

Lilah's first week of homeschooling January 2010


I have been homeschooling for almost a year!  Lilah just realized this yesterday.  I feel like 2011 is going to be simply amazing.  We have been through many of the adjustment phases of withdrawing children from public school.  We have met new friends and their amazing families.  We have realized we do not want to school-at-home.  We have adjusted our philosophy on education.  We have struggled to find balance.  We have found a new peace in our home (well....most days!) and through all this we have learned.  Learned about what education is and is not.  Learned more about who we are as people, what we like, dislike, and want to learn more about.  We have been new places, places we may never have discovered before.  We have had fun times, really really fun times.  
I feel like in a way, we are just beginning.  The road ahead of us has an undetermined destination.  What fun it will be to journey along it.
Here are my top five blog posts from last year.  I think the fact they were the most popular is because they share the different phases of becoming a homeschooling family.  They were cathartic to write and I am glad they were read by so many.  In case you missed them here they are again.....



4 comments:

  1. You have been such an incredible inspiration this year! I can't stress enough just how much you have helped me and encouraged me and given me the courage to do this! I envy the place you are at now. I knew the first part of the year (the part prior to Christmas break) would be about 'getting our feet wet'. Now I want to relax, I want to flow with it, as I see you doing. I don't want to propel it along, I want to see where it will take us. I want to find what education is and is not. I want to open the doors in my girls' minds, as I see you doing. I am praying for the patience to resist forcing things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been so much fun to blog this journey alongside you! I have enjoyed seeing how our families have grown, changed, struggled at times, and always come through stronger and more capable of doing something new. I am literally living out a dream, one I have had since Grace was 4. It is a much harder dream than I thought it would be but isn't that what makes it special? If it were too easy, we would not have the great growth and development as people. I love watching my girls grow in their understanding, in their desire to learn, in their love for one another, in their place in our family. The bumpy parts of the road make it memorable and the smooth ones bring us such joy. Bring on 2011!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy almost-year homeschool-i-versary! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, one of the things I like best of homeschooling is the friends we have met. We spent more than four years in this country before deciding to homeschool. I met only two good friends in all that time. Then the decision came: we are learning at home! We have met the most amazing, fun, interesting, and yes, a little bit crazy, people. People that we have a deep connection with. My family has known your family for only a year, but we are so happy that you are in our lives! I told you what Melissa said the other day about Grace and her being so different: she said Grace is like blue, and she is like red, and when they get together they make this beautiful purple. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...