Sunday, August 14, 2011

Walking the Walk...


Whole Foods, Franklin, MA

We are going to try as hard as we can to walk the walk while we are not home. 
Finding good, wholesome food on the road is a challenge.   
Not letting your new knowledge ruin your love of vacation cuisine is another.
The discovery of an organic farm nestled away in the picturesque Cape Cod landscape brought me joy.
Having the shop owner at a local natural foods store remember us from last year did too!
It felt fantastic to give our money to local farmers and merchants in return for some organic, homegrown food.
It balances the fact that while we are here, my girls will have Orville Redenbacher popcorn,  and white bread and gasp! even a Dairy Queen ice cream cone.
So that my children so not resent me or my new "food policies" I have to relax, albeit temporarily.
But for the record.....I did not have the DQ! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...