Thursday, May 24, 2012

Roadschooling: One for the bucket list!


I am 40 years old. I know what is out of my comfort zone (water skiing) and what is out of the question (zip lining).  Zip lining is something that I have absolutely no interest in doing.  Ever.  The rest of my family feels differently and they had the opportunity to cross this off their bucket list.  It was all I could do to stand at the top of the tower knowing that the three people that have my heart were about to leap supported only by a harness attached to a cable that spanned the treetops.  I am glad I was able to see my children work through something difficult.  They were scared, but not scared enough to prevent them from achieving a goal.  They could not understand why I choose to sit in the lodge with a soy latte and a good book.  I had to explain that at this stage in my life my goals are very different than theirs.  I wished them well, wished them safety, wished them exhilaration, and silently I prayed that God would hold them in the palm of his hand.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...