Saturday, March 30, 2013

Our Week in Pictures

I spent the week working on a gift for a special Baptism.  Greg and I are going to be Godparents!


Grace and I did some garden planning..... Our next step is to measure our property to scale.



We read 4 chapters of SOTW this week.  We are pushing to finish this book soon!  Replacing our usual map work with Color Yourself Smart Geography.  Love it!


Lilah wrote the author of the Life of Fred books a letter!  It will be interesting to see if she gets a reply.


The girls helped to inventory paint at an art studio in preparation for a huge art festival!  They volunteered 2 hours of their time to help others.


We are very into documentaries lately.  I really enjoyed these, especially Walking on Water.


After a trip to the doctor, the sickness in my house seems to be waining.  This week was spent mostly at home cooking and baking.  



Homegrown Learners

5 comments:

  1. Oh, I hope you hear back from "Dr. Stan!!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will let you know if/when we do!

      Delete
  2. I'm so thankful for you. :-) Anna is putting her magazine in the mail this week. Please thank Lilah for the magazine!!! Last week was my father-in-law's 80th surprise birthday. Our house was full with company and we had three separate family events. We are pretty much babbling lunatics today because we're so tired!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arn't we blessed that you can take this week to recover and relax and enjoy your time together? We can't wait to get her magazine! Lilah has begun working on her second installment but it will take her weeks to complete it. She has to feel "inspired".....

      Delete
  3. I hope she hears back too!! How exciting. I love all your pictures Jess. I love the garden planning. We want a garden so badly but we have TONS of squirrels and bunnies that eat anything we plant!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...