Monday, March 18, 2013

Rock City

Rock City on Lookout Mountain, GA had some spectacular views.  It helped that we visited on a warm crystal clear day.  This trip was not quite what I expected... but in hindsight, I did very little research so I only have my imagination on which to base my assumptions.  I told the girls we were going to a cool park where they could climb rocks.   

When I was a child growing up in Massachusetts, my parents took my brother, sister and me to a place called Purgatory Chasm State Reservation, which in fact, is an awesome park where you can climb the huge rocks created from glacial melting at the end of the Ice Age Period.  Rock City has the same types of boulders and chasms but the visitors are kept confined to the trail as it winds through the park property.  It was cool, but I could tell the girls really wanted to jump the rope boundary and climb until their heart’s were content.

All in all, it was a lovely walk and we made some lovely family memories!













Did you notice how tall Grace is?  Oh my....it just hit me looking at this picture!


8 comments:

  1. You all have been having an amazing trip! These photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are home now. I have a few more posts coming about the rest of our trip. We had a great time. Very relaxing and lots of quality family time. Saying goodbye to Greg last night (he leaves for work before the girls get up) was hard.

      Delete
    2. I am sure it was! I hope the adjustment of getting back into the swing of things at home isn't too bad. Have a great week :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I love the photos! looks like it was a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! I still have to sit down and write some trip advisor reviews for the places we ate at. We relied so heavily on trip advisor to find the best local restaurants. It did not let us down! One place we ate at (not in Chattanooga) served authentic Cuban food and it was simply delicious.

      Delete
  3. This brings back SO many memories. I have never taken Keilee here but years ago I lived about 45 minutes from Chattanooga. It is one of my favorite cities. I am so glad you had a great trip Jess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Next time........we meet! (fingers crossed....toes too!)

      Delete
  4. We have visited Rock City many times. When I was younger I was afraid of the swinging bridge and walking through the really tight places. Loving all your pic and posts about your trip.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...