Thursday, March 6, 2014

More Art, More Art History

More art, more art history.  I am making an effort to incorporate this into our home.  I recently discovered that our library has purchased some new dvds, including several from Getting To Know The World’s Greatest Artists.  We borrowed the Edgar Degas dvd and watched it one snowy afternoon. No matter your age, 11 or 42, you will find something to like and learn.  

Lilah and I worked on our own dancer.  One of these days I am going to have hers framed to hang in my bedroom.  I just adore it.




The following week we discovered a little documentary about Mo Willems on the top shelf at our library.  Knuffle Bunny is one of my all time favorite picture books.  We watched this and drew our own pigeon with caption.  Perhaps one day we will take this illustration and write the book that goes along with it.





This little exploration into art and art history makes me want to purchase the Meet The Masters program.  I know it pops up now and again on sale at Homeschool Buyers Coop.  I would not want to do this program with just my children however.  I think this would be a most excellent addition to my Friday writing group. 

1 comment:

  1. We studied Degas last week and the kids did a little Degas inspired painting... love this post, Jess!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...