Saturday, September 27, 2014

14

14 Things About Grace on her 14th Birthday

This girl loves life.  She is not one to sit and let it pass her by.  I love that about her.  I love that she inspires me to join in more and not always be the one behind the scenes taking pictures, although I know that if I don’t she will move too fast and I want to remember the moments of this child’s life.  All of them.

Dogs and cats and horses, oh my!  She loves them all.  

Things tend to come easily to her and her personal struggle is sticking with the things that don’t.  
Her dream is to own a Steinway Grand.  For now she will settle on playing one at every available opportunity.


She is a worker.  Of all the things we’ve given our daughters, we have tried hardest to give them the value of work.  Her Dad and I are so proud that she put in over 70 hours of volunteering at her workplace and was offered her first paying job at 14.  

She is a good friend. 


She dreams of being Gabby Douglas and her 5’9” frame can frustrate her.  Those legs just weren’t made for flipping.  But oh boy can she ride!
She has made it a goal to be fluent in American Sign Language and just had her first real conversation with a Deaf signer.  I wish I could have seen her but the look of pride on her face was enough.
Family is first, always.  In this world of overscheduled kids and families, she hates to give up family time for other things.  I love that she still wants to hang out with her Dad and they still have their Saturday morning routine and that she has to be encouraged to let go of that sometimes to gain time with friends she is not able to see during the week.
Her energy is contagious.  


She cares not a lick for hair, makeup, fashion or boys.  To her own self she is true.
She stole my favorite Tim Tebow tee shirt and wears it all.the.time!  To get back, I stole her favorite Pink sweatpants!  
Her smile can light up a room.
There are times, very far and few between now, when I can still see toddler Grace  in her facial expressions and it makes my heart melt.
Happy 14th Birthday Gracie.  You are very loved.


2 comments:

  1. Happy 14th birthday to Grace and happy 14th anniversary of the day you became a mom to you! Such a beautiful post for your beautiful firstborn girl! Enjoy this next year and all the fabulousness it is sure to contain! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these 14 things about her. I have been reading your blog for years and years but after our lovely get together this summer it makes everything more 'real'. I have seen Grace in person, spent time with her, and she is all these things and more. A beautiful girl inside and out.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails