Wednesday, June 10, 2015

New Sliding Door

We are doing lots of improvements to our home: new bedroom, renovated bathroom, crown molding, renovated closets, a new office (Lilah’s old bedroom) and the removal of  a radiator and two windows to make room for the installation of a sliding glass door.    Greg and I always joke around that we spend so much time talking and dreaming and planning for work that when it actually happens, sometimes it feels like it has always been.  




I love my door.  I love to sit at my dining room table and enjoy a real breeze.  I love the natural light it lets into my home.  Right now my back yard is nothing much to look at but I can see the potential for a patio and an outdoor living space.  Someday the pool will no longer be there and I can imagine gardens and a beautiful bird bath.  I can imagine a peaceful place in the middle of a not so peaceful neighborhood.  I wonder when that finally happens, if I will sit back with my cup of coffee hand in hand with Greg and feel like it always was.....

2 comments:

  1. Anytime we have renovated in the past it seems to take forever. Hoping yours is going quickly and smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    Blessings
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes. I love 'possibilities'. I have so loved seeing all your renovations. The only thing that would make it better is actually seeing it in person!! I know you are all going to love your new space!!! <3

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...