Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Snowboarding with Tyler

My blogging is horribly out of date.  I now blog when I have time rather than several times a week and I go through my camera roll to jog my memory of what we have done and where we have gone.  So much of their learning right now happens away from me.  I have to beg them to remember to snap a picture here or there so I have a record of the moment for them to look back in our blog books.

Snowboarding in the snow, February 8, 2016


Two weeks ago Tyler joined us on the mountain.  He is truly an incredible snowboarder.  When I saw his first run, I literally gasped at the speed he accumulated and for a moment I wasn’t sure watching would be a good idea.  He joined up with one of the girls’ instructors who was not teaching and the two of them were pure grace on snow.







Tyler and Grace are fearless and they enticed Lilah to step out of her comfort zone and try the chair lift.  Having him there gave her confidence and a feeling of safety and after that first run, they went again and again and again for hours and hours.  We were blessed to have a mostly empty mountain which quickly filled up when school let out and ski teams came for practice and local teens came to hang out and ski.  That was our cue to head home.  After we dropped Tyler off Lilah sighed and said she was so disappointed that this magical day had to come to an end.  It was like the eve of Christmas Day.  The letdown was intense and the desire to do it again was immediate.


Next year we are going to look into a multi family ski rental in Vermont.  With a few more lessons the girls (who jumped from level 1 to levels 2 and 3 after their second lesson) will be ready.

1 comment:

  1. This is wonderful. I am commenting after Lilah's accident and I am so sorry she won't be able to snowboard anymore. I love pictures like this because it is so something that we can't do. Keilee would love to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails