Thursday, July 21, 2016

A good day

If you flip back through this blog throughout the years one constant is our annual pool party at my Aunt’s house in Massachusetts.  My mother’s extended family is huge and she has dozens of cousins and they have dozens of kids who now have kids and even some of those kids have kids!  Depending on the year and people’s availability, the gatherings have ranged from pretty huge to more intimate, like this year.  

This year was just our family, my first cousins, four of the five.  I am the oldest of the crew at 44.  My sister and I have grown children.  I saw "grown" because while they are not technically grown, they are teenagers, and there is no need for me to prepare meals, change diapers, wipe noses, put on sunscreen, worry about floatation devices, sippy cups or naps.  So I can relax and play with the little people who do need all these things.  We played hard.

Imagine a tranquil setting, families watching children swim around the pool deck sipping coffee, eating burgers and potato salad, when suddenly a large stream of water is shot out of the pool and hits your father square in the chest.  Oh my.  This could have gone two ways.  This is the way it went.



It was a very very good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...