14 things about my 14 year old girl
1) She is a storyteller. If she continues to work on the craft and mechanics of writing, one day her books could line the shelves at Barnes & Nobel. The characters and images she creates through words live on in the reader's memory long after the story is over.
2) She is patient. To see her with children warms my heart. She has the patience to build fairy house after fairy house, read book after book, and play Minecraft for hours just because that's what her little friend wants to do. She will be an excellent mother someday if that is what she chooses.
3) Her art....oh her art. Given the chance, she would create all day long.
4) Books are her best friends. Her blog www.lilahsbookshelf.wordpress.com is her baby and her TBR pile is growing and growing. Her goal this summer was to complete the Harry Potter series and she will achieve that goal with just a few more hours to go on the final book.
5) She is a leader. She may not think of herself as one just yet but she shines in Kid's Ministry. She leads the skits on stage every week and she works as a teacher's assistant in the 4th grade classroom. The kids adore her and if she stays in this ministry, I have no doubt she will continue to learn and grow and her spirit will touch the lives on many children she meets every week.
6) She's a musician. Piano and now cello have captured her interest over the years and she has an amazing voice. This year she has the opportunity to join worship band at coop and share these talents with others while glorifying God. Chills. This gives me chills. I cannot wait to see what she does in this group of talented kids.
7) Photography interested both my girls, but Lilah loved it first. She is not as interested in the technical aspects of the art of photography but she has a very creative eye and sees the beauty in "ordinary" things.
8) She loves Jesus. As a baby Lilah used to tell me she could hear the angels singing and I believe her. Her light was dimmed a bit by the weight of religion but it is now glowing again, brightly, and she is eager to join the youth group at church and have new friends, new opportunities and new adventures.
9) Let Lilah loose in the kitchen and you will delight in sweet treats all week.
10) Keeping her room clean is a serious challenge, but ask her to clean the house and BAM! It looks like a team of professionals came through.
11) She loves handbags and has a slew of them. Of course it helps that her Dad and Grandmother work at a hand bag retailer now and worked at Coach in the past.
12) She would love a hedgehog someday.
13) She watches Elf every Halloween night and can recite the whole movie by heart. There is virtually no occasion that she cannot find the perfect Elf quote for.
14) Like Elf, her favorite food group is foods containing sugar!