Thursday, September 8, 2016

Port Jefferson, Long Island



I don't get a day to myself often and when I do, I struggle not to feel guilty about taking it.  On a beautiful late August day, I ventured to Long Island with the members of my community group at church.  Our church is quite large, with approximately 3,000 people attending the three services every Sunday.  To find your place in such a large group there are community groups.  Some churches call them small groups or life groups.  I love the term life group because in a very short amount of time, you open your life up to the people in your group.  These are the people I asked to pray for Lilah before and during her surgery.  These are the people I carve out time for every Wednesday night to pray with, talk with, and learn from.  



Before our group resumes meeting weekly, we ended the summer, or depending on how you look at it, began our fall, by sharing time together at one of our member's homes on Long Island. We walked around Port Jefferson, ate lunch at a burger bistro, sat by the pool and sipped lemonade, enjoyed a delicious grilled dinner, prayed together and then took the magical nighttime ferry ride home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...