Thursday, October 20, 2016

And then some...

In a recent sermon at church, Pastor Steve talked about the concept "and then some" in his awesome sermon titled Aiming for Excellence.  He based it on Colossians 3:23-24 "Whatever you do, do your work heartily, as for the Lord, rather than for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the reward of the inheritance.  It is the Lord Christ whom you serve."



Give the best in all you do, especially at home because you only get ONE life and there is too much at stake to aim short of your personal best.  We open ourselves up to God's best when we aim for excellence in every situation.  For a while this message of "and then some" kept replaying in my mind.  I should give my kids my best and then some.  I should give Greg my best and then some.  I should give my housework my best and then some.  Because in these in "then somes", I am able to bless others.




Grace decided to get a hair cut to bring bounce back to her hair and free up time from excessive brushing since her hair, while thick, tangles very easily.  I asked her if she ever considered donating her hair since it is blond and thick and beautiful.  She was not sure how short she wanted to go but after finding the organization Children With Hair Loss, she agreed that 8 inches was reasonable and would make her feel good to take a simple hair cut and turn it into an "and then some" moment.





Her hair has been sent to CWHL and I know it will bring  blessings to a child in need.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that is so cool. I like that organization. My youngest is growing hers so she can donate also...will be using that one! Enjoy the Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails