Thursday, June 8, 2017

CT Art Trail: Weir Farm

We made our summer bucket list and we have some pretty fun activities: take the ferry over to Long Island, hit up local library book sales, try to do the Freedom Trail that we missed in the fall and tour the Connecticut Art Trail.  Note:  I put the CT Art Trail on the list.  This is significant because the girls were not that enthusiastic about it.  So to make this funner, (this is a real word in our house), we invited our coop to join us.

Our first visit: Weir Farm National Historic Site in Wilton.  Weir Farm has the feel of a living museum without reenactments.  It celebrates the history of American impressionist painter J. Alden Weir.  It is quintessential New England and provided a glimpse into the late 1800s when many of the elite in art and business escaped Manhattan for the summer and drove north the the country of Connecticut. 





I was thrilled with the response from our coop to this event.  We were able to tour together, eat together and explore together.  I’m super excited to dedicate one day a week to exploring different museums around our state.














2 comments:

  1. How fun that you could get such a large group together to tour museums for the summer. I love that idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure this many will go to every one. Some of the museums on our list are up the coast towards RI and I doubt that people will be willing to put up with I95 summer traffic on the coast. But the girls and I will brave it and see how many we can do.

      Delete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...