Sunday, June 11, 2017

Student Ministry Sunday

Student Ministry Sunday coincided with Greg’s birthday this year.  The girls are so busy at church that it actually gives Greg and I some to to sit and reflect on God’s word just the two of us.  We are so proud of all the girls are doing in Jesus’ name.



Lilah served as a greeter, welcoming the congregation into the service.  Grace is now on staff at church and has staff privileges for photographing services and events.  



I love this day.  I love listening to incredibly talented musicians play their hearts out in front of several hundred people.  I love listening to a message directed towards youth and families.  I love visiting and talking to people after church and really connecting with people I have come to love.  

I don’t take this church family for granted.  I have waited so long for it.  To see the girls surrounded by young adults and adults that are acting as true mentors, both spiritually and professionally, touches me in a way that is hard to describe.  I know that God places people in our lives for reasons.  He gives us both opportunity and choice.  When the opportunities come and the choice is a resounding YES, then blessings pour down.  




This summer has some exciting things in store for the girls.  They are both volunteering at VBS, Grace as staff photographer and Lilah as a 1st/2nd grade counselor.  Grace will head to her mission trip which she mostly funded through photography sales.  Both girls will attend a student leadership retreat.  They have fully embraced the opportunities available to them and this is why I love having teens.  You get to see them grow up right before your eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...