Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Class Photo

Today L found her class photo from earlier this year. I was not “hiding” it, but I put it away hoping it would not stir up feelings for school. She carefully placed the photo into her School Days Memory Book that holds the class photos for previous years. She taped it in, wrote in the margins and then presented it to me. For teacher, she wrote “Mom”. For friends, she did not list the children in the photo, she listed her homeschooled friends. She asked me why we have the book. I told her so she could remember her time at school. To this she replied, “Ugh, why would I want to!”. She asked me if she can have a picture of her and I to go in the next year’s space. Well....I guess I don’t have to worry.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, that is just a mix. Sad, that she had such a crappy time and connected with none of those kids. But so happy in many, many ways. Mom to Mom, I know what a lump you must have had in your throat,and a sting in your eyes. But such a rush of happy emotions to validate you listening to your heart. Hugs! Happy tears!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my kids always surprise me with their perspective.

    Wishing you great memories to replace the bad.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...