Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Anniversary




Yesterday was our 13th anniversary. Thirteen years sure passed by quick. So many things have changed and so many things have remained the same. We are in the same house we bought ten years ago. People teased us saying it was too small. At the height of the market we were tempted to sell and move to a town with “better schools, better parks, better taxes” but realized the grass is not always greener and we stayed. We are still driving our same old Explorer, approaching 200,000 miles and still going. We have moved past the newly-wed stage, past the sleepless night of infancy stage, past the pull your hair out toddler stage and somehow arrived at the stage we are in.....happily parenting two young daughters. I am enjoying this stage.



I am thankful that my husband of 13 years has always supported my every whim and choice. From changing careers, volunteering at the shelter, crazy decorating schemes (my entire playroom was a jungle mural), my car choices, my parenting choices, most recently my educational choice to homeschool. Through thick and thin, he has been at my side....well at my side via cell phone!


I do not want to rush through this stage. This is the happiest I have ever been.

My children are happy, my marriage is happy, my soul is happy.


4 comments:

Rosemarie said...

Happy Anniversary!
I met you last week at the nature center and found your blog through Kim C.

Jessica said...

Thanks Rosemarie! I am fairly new to both blogging and homeschooling. I am figuring both out as I go!

musicalmary said...

I just read this post -- I am a recent new follower of yours. You sound a lot like me - I, too, have been married 13 years and my husband is supportive and puts up with some of my funny little whims! This IS a great stage of life where we can enjoy our children and husband and have a lot of freedom to do what we want. Life is good!

Jessica said...

Thanks Mary!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...