Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tuesday

Last night I spent an hour reading and planning for geography and science. I am very excited to start these two new programs this week. Today began at 6:30am to get both girls off for their day....

6:30 prepare lunches for school and nature class, get girls up, dressed, fed and ready to go

8:30 drop G off at school

9:00-9:30 drop L off at Two Coyotes. During drive listened to math facts on an mp3 player we borrowed from Library yesterday.

In between drop off and pick up I have to:

do a major food shop, hit the organic pet shop for dog food, get Greg’s shirts at dry cleaners, clean the house for the sitter tonight. Not to mention squeeze in a trip to the Audubon to pick up Lilah’s shoes from yesterday. 4 hours seems like a long time until you realize you have so much to do to get caught up on a week’s worth of errands that can’t be done during lessons....

2:30 leave to pick up Lilah. Stayed to enjoy a performance by the children. They sang a song about how a child's birth is connected to nature. The children held hands in a circle with the parents in the center. Beautiful.

4:00 Grace came home from neighbor's house

4:15 leave for appointment, drive time anywhere from 20-30 minutes depending on how congested I95 is.

5:00-6:00 - my appointment. Unfortunately I found out 15 minutes before I was leaving that my sitter was sick so I quickly packed a bag of supplies: nature journal, books, pencils, math workbook, Grace’s homework, etc. to keep them busy. On the way home we played our favorite story: Manuel and His Three Friends from yesterday’s listening for Grace.

6:30 dinner

7:00 showers and tick check and half hour tv

8:00 get ready for bed - we are all tired and looking forward to a good night’s rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...