Friday, June 18, 2010

The Plan Is Complete!


What a day! We had the blessing of having Greg home most of the day and because of this we were able to put the finishing touches on our plan for a learning room. Yesterday Lilah and I emptied out her bedroom and moved her bed into Grace’s room. It looks wonderful. They have spent a great deal of time playing, decorating and organizing. Now and then a sad look will come across Grace’s face and she will say that it feels weird that it is not “her” room anymore. Hopefully that feeling will fade as we redecorate the room with new pictures, new bedspreads and make more play room by removing her desk.

Before: Lilah’s room emptied of its contents. We gave it a good cleaning and prepared to change the function of the room.


Now both beds are seperated by their nightstands. None of the furniture matches but it gives the room an eclectic feeling. Cozy, intimate and for the moment, clean!




We renamed this room The Learning Lounge. Our leather chair, a drop leaf table, new rug, bookshelf and white board complete the room. I cannot wait to start our morning in this room. Lilah’s room has always been my favorite room in the house.




I think the best part is that we were able to move a bookshelf into the hallway closet. Now I have all my learning materials conveniently located next to the lounge. Best part, at the end of the day we can close the door! Bring on learning!

3 comments:

Theresa said...

First, let me say that I love the radiators and moldings! Second, what a great, relaxed learning environment you have created!

A couple of years ago, after sharing a room at my parents' lakehouse for a few weeks in the summer, we put Allie and Piper in the same room and they LOVED it! Especially at night when they could whisper to each other. They also liked to pretend that they were college roommates.lol.

Theresa said...

How did it go with Principal?

Jessica said...

Thanks Theresa. Our house was built in 1931 and it has the original molding and radiators. We could not part with them when we put in a new furnace. They take up space but are part of the character of our home. Things went well. I wrote about it before I went to bed last night and I am going to post it today. I was pleasantly surprised and very pleased iwth the outcome of the meeting. It allowed me to take both my girls home and have closure. Will post soon!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...