Sunday, July 11, 2010

Weekend Wrap Up

Our girls are growing up right before our very eyes. When the girls were little people would tell me to appreciate the moments and honestly, I did not feel the moments were flying by. Now is a different story. There are times I wish I could stop the clock and just have this moment last a little longer. This age is so much fun. Busy, but fun! Friday was Lilah’s visiting day at her baking camp. We were served homemade macaroni and cheese made with tri-color pasta, warm salad with goat cheese and for dessert, cheesecake, bread pudding and coconut pineapple cake. Yum! She loved it so much she is considering taking a weekly class this fall which will focus on cooking and taping their class as if they were performing a show on Food Network. We have to make this choice soon before the spots are filled.

A good friend had her first sleepover at our house. They swam, put on a fashion show, built a blanket fort, stayed up way late, swam some more, played board games, and made beautiful jewelry.

The girls artwork was featured in a summer art show at their art school. In addition to the show, there was a tag sale of used art materials.

Lilah purchased 12 paint brushes, Grace got some erasers and I was able to get a sketchbook, a calligraphy book, an art textbook, and two coffee mugs for $4! I loved seeing how proud they were to show us their art. The teachers at the school were talking to them and asking questions about their class. I love that CAW has sparked their interest in art and developed their skills.

This is a time I want to hold on to. The little girl giggles, the hushed whispers, the proud first moments, the newfound independence, and yes....the bickering and tattling, the rolling of the eyes and the "whatever"s. I will take all these moments and treasure them.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

I know exactly what you mean! When they were babies and I didn't get a consecutive 8 hours of sleep and was eyeball deep in diapers, I loved it, I truly did but it seemed neverending! And now I look back and wonder where the time went!

I know it sounds a little selfish, but if I am REALLY honest, part of the reason why homeschooling appeals so much to me is that I would get more of an opportunity to share more of these wonderful, awesome magic moments with them!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...