Monday, August 16, 2010

My Students!


Grace is athletic. Watching the Olympics while sick on the couch led to her skating in competitions by the time she was 8. Now she enjoys basketball and hitting an occasional three-pointer. She is determined. A talented musician, she enjoys both piano and flute and is looking forward to playing in an ensemble this year. She has a passion for weather and dreams of becoming a meteorologist when she grows up, or a vet! She has volunteered for a local pet rescue and enjoys reconnecting lost pets with their owners. She would like to run a pet sitting business from our home. This will be Grace’s first year of homeschooling.










Lilah is an artist. Creativity runs through her blood. She enjoys making beaded jewelry, printmaking and flower arranging. She is learning to sew. Her goal is to become a baker with her own shop on etsy.com. She bakes both at home and in specialized classes. Her friends and relatives are lucky to sample her treats. A voracious reader, it is nearly impossible to keep a book list for her. She loves magic, fairies and make believe. Her favorite book this summer was Emily Windsnap. Our yard has several fairy houses she designed. She is also a budding naturalist enjoying classes that put her outdoors for as long as possible. Thanks to her efforts with gardening this summer we enjoy fresh vegetables weekly! Lilah has been homeschooling since January 2010 and because her experience was so great, her sister decided to come home and give it a try!


17 comments:

  1. I love the profiles you wrote about your girls! Skating at 8? Wow! sounds like you are ready for a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you have a wonderful year!!!

    Happy Homeschooling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading about your two daughters~ great pictures! I am now following your blog & look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your girls look awesome. I wish that you lived close enough for our girls to play together.
    Kei would love both Grace and Lilah. She has so many of both of their 'loves'.
    Looking forward to getting to know you better :)
    Karen
    http://homeschoolgirls.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful children you have! I loved reading about their interests.
    To answer your question, I don't have any photography "experience" other than a lot of practicing on my kids! I'm learning as I go and I'm really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful girls! See you on the HOP!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do believe that your girls and my daughter would totally get along in real life. It was fun getting to know your girls.

    Have a great homeschool year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pictures! Hope the start of your year went well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for joining in Hip Homeschool Mom's / Hop. I'm anxious to get to know you better! LOVE your blog and heart!

    Meghan
    www.thetuckerstaketennessee.com
    www.facebook.com/hiphomeschoolmoms

    ReplyDelete
  10. Came by from the HipHomeschool Hop. Come on over and visit me...I have recipes, homeshool and life stuff. Great to see you are a fellow homeschooler! My son is 9 and we are loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopping by from the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think our kids would get along nicely! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am glad you did so I could find yours ;)

    Blessings!

    Turkana W

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful girls! Blessings for your first year of homeschooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Checking out your blog from the blog hop. I am following it. Come visit mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blessings to a wonderful year. Catherine Anne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks to all who took time to read and comment on my blog. I look forward to getting to know your blogs better!

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...