Today is my birthday. I have been thinking of doing a 40 before 40 post for some time. The problem is I am so content in my life that I can’t find 40 things that I want to do or learn in the next year! Sure there are some, like become a better knitter and pierce my nose but trying to list 40 things.....that is hard!
Today my family gave me a beautiful hand made card that listed the 39 things they like about me! I love my card. It is probably my favorite card of all time. I thought I would share it with you.
- the way you drive (I hardly let Greg drive -- we both know I am much better!)
- your smile
- your banana bread
- your blog
- your love of the fire (I am obsessed with my fireplace and the need for a constant supply of firewood)
- your clothing crisis (This surprised me. He finds joy when I can’t find anything to wear???)
- your creativity
- your patience (I was not aware I had any)
- your cinnamon rolls (I have to admit, they are pretty good.....)
- your artistic ability
- your ability to talk to neighbors who are filming a movie and bothering you (this is sarcasm.....I am the bold one. The one who will get up at 2:00 and confront my teenage neighbors in my pajamas when I am 9 months pregnant and demand that they shut down movie production before I get really annoyed and ask the police to shut it down-- this was 10 years ago!)
- the pictures you take
- your random duck noises. (I choose not to explain.....)
- your love of your Mac
- the way you crack your fingers
- your hair
- your love of Henri Bendel
- your love of shoes (Lilah must have added this one. She probably added the Henri Bendel one too!)
- your love of pjs (I can’t have too many)
- you love of coffee (this is not a love, it is a need, a necessity, a lifeline!)
- your trust
- your butt dance (I prefer to call it my happy dance)
- your love for your brother
- your love of teaching
- your love for animals
- your faith
- your kindness to neighbors
- your writing ability
- the way you burp when you drink seltzer (embarrassing but true)
- your tuck-ins every night (Grace shared this one)
- when you read with me (Lilah)
- when you play board games (even though I hate board games)
- your hugs
- your ability to schedule things and bring us everywhere
- you buy us the things we need
- you believe (Lilah added this. Probably since I just put on my BELIEVE sparkly pin that I wear every Christmas season)
- you care about us
- you work with us everyday
- that you love us, no matter what we do!
Thank you family for a wonderful day.
It is an amazing life we are building with each other.
I am thankful for
every single day we spend together.