Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Lilah's Quilt

Lilah has been working on a quilt with one of my good friends, who is also her sewing instructor.  This is not a formal class, not something we signed up for.  I simply asked my friend to teach Lilah and she accepted.  I am so very glad I asked!  Together they are embarking on an adventure that not only teaches a valuable skill but also brings enjoyment to them both.
Here are some pictures of where she is now.  Her squares are cut.  The pattern has been made.  Most individual squares are now sewn into groups of 4.  The colors she chose are stunning.  They are rich and deep and blend beautifully with one another.  I am excited to watch this project come to life and so very, very proud of my little girl.





4 comments:

Monica said...

Please tell Lilah that it is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see it finished!

Jen @ Forever, For Always... said...

Oh I love the colors she has chosen - beautiful!!

Karen said...

Her quilt is beautiful! Kei loves sewing of any kind. Her first quilt, a little doll quilt not quilted just pieced together, she put in the coffin with my Mom. Mom would have loved it.

Jessica said...

I am going to pass these comments along to Lilah. Thanks for your kind words!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...