Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bonsai and Venus

Another day, more to do, more to see, more to learn.  I have been reading Story of the World at breakfast.  The girls listen while they are cooking, eating or cuddling with the dogs.  I am desperate to finish this book (Book 1) by the end of June.  It is a reasonable goal if we keep at it.  We are on chapter 28 of 42.  14 chapters, 2 a week and we are good.  We are beginning the Roman Empire.  Having spent so much time on the Greeks it was fascinating to us how the Romans adopted the Greek Gods. We picked our favorite God.  For Grace it was Zeus, a.k.a. Jupiter (which is now her favorite planet).  What is a study of the Roman Gods without breaking out a little Frankie Avalon singing Venus?  Got to love youtube.  They thought I was quite the dork dancing with my dog while Frankie poured his heart out to the Goddess of Love....I bet they will not forget who Venus is anytime soon!


Lilah decided to plant her Bonsai plant she bought in Chicago.  This led to planting many of the seeds we bought for botany.  Which led to the setup of the light-hut.  Grow little seeds grow!  I will wait patiently for fresh basil, fennel, lavender and thyme.......



3 comments:

karisma said...

Awww I love the please do not touch sign. How cute!

Karen said...

I was going to write the same thing as Karisma. :)

I am afraid we will not finish SOTW by year's end. We are just about to start Rome after a detour more in depth of Mayans and Aztecs after a 2012 discussion.

We have herbs too, basil, oregano, thyme and parsley. Trust me, they are easy to grow...or they would be dead :)

musicalmary said...

We just love SOTW,too...we are on chapter 22 right now and I can see us spending some extra time in Greece! Your girls always look so engaged and happy. You are a good mom!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...