Monday, July 25, 2011

My Field Guide Failed Me

Despite having studied Botany for the past six months and owning several tree field guides,  I have a tree-identification dilemma!

For the longest time we thought this was a Catalpa Tree.  However, when I searched through the field guide to confirm this, I changed my mind.

This tree is late flowering.





It has huge leaves.  In the fall I collect them and use them as placemats.

Notice how large they are next to the maple.
It drops ginormous seed pods.



We only have two in the neighborhood as far as I have noticed.  They are on my corner with the maple tree sandwiched in between.

the bark
Any ideas???

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...