Monday, September 12, 2011

S'more please!


Some moments in life are so special that you wish you could freeze time, right where you are, and hold onto it as long as possible.  The beach brings me peace.  The beach at night is simply magical.
Under a canopy of stars we sat listening to the waves roll in upon the shore.  Gazing into the sky I caught a glimpse of a shooting star.  The glow of the fire and the laughter of my children made me wish we could stay here in this moment until the wee hours of the morning, until we were too tired to laugh,  smile and giggle any more.  
This moment made me realize once again how blessed I am.  I am blessed by the people with whom I share my life.  My children, my husband, my friends, my family.  It is impossible to be out on Assateague Beach, feeling the scope of the universe above you and the soft sand beneath you and not realize how we must make the most of every moment, savor every I love you, treasure every goofy moment with one of your best friends, feel the embrace of a spouse, and appreciate the hard work of others that was done on your behalf.  
This night was a gift.  It was meant to be enjoyed and enjoy it we did!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...