Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Spooky Ooky

I have the post over at Three Thinking Mothers today - we are talking about favorite fall activities.  Since we are not much of a crafting family and I have no fabulous tutorial to share, I thought I would share some of my favorite Halloween decorations.


Lilah made this one.  She found the stick outside and her creative brain saw it as the frame for a wire-spiderweb.  She made the spider out of masking tape and wire and used the glue gun to attach it to the web!




My father-in-law made these stunning ceramic pumpkins.  Lilah's lights up with a flashing light bulb and we put candles in Grace's.


Grace became slightly obsessed with owls ever since her friend clued her into how very cool they are.  They became our favorite birds to visit with during our trips to the Audubon Sanctuary where we would read the stories of how they were rescued.  Since then we have built up quite a collection!

These are our newest additions to the spooky decorations.  The girls' pooled their dog walking money from last week and begged asked me to take them to the grocery store where the Halloween decorations are on sale 50% off.  Now that they know, thanks to their business math program, that the tax is payed by the consumer, they promptly tried to pass the tax off on me.  Would I please pay the tax?  8% of $10 is not a hardship, so I agreed!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...