Monday, November 7, 2011

Random Monday Thoughts...


Random thoughts for a Monday......
My birthday is in 21 days.  The big 40.  I am actually looking forward to it.  For some reason turning 30 was hard.  I could not find the joy in that number.  But 40 is different.  I like who I am.  I love my friends and family.  I am learning more now than at any other point in my life (including college).  How weird is that??  Homeschooling is not just for children!  I am absolutely looking forward to dinner out with my friends in two weeks.  A ladies night at a new vegetarian restaurant that is getting rave reviews.  Which reminds me I need to make reservations.....
My stuff is sucking energy from me.  I need a decluttering boot camp.  This weekend I packed a box with hand me downs to give to my cousin.  I have a huge bag for Goodwill and a bag of food for the food pantry.  It is not enough.  Not nearly enough.  I look around me and feel overwhelmed at the sheer volume of what we have.  Too many plates, too many meaningless knick knacks, too many piles of clutter tucked into corners.  I need to take just a bit of time each day to focus on one room and declutter it.  I really need my friend Monica to come and help me (hint hint) because I have heard she is the expert declutterer....
We went to the mall this weekend.  First of all....I hate our malls.  They are loud and poorly lit and give me headaches.  I would rather drive an hour to a more peaceful mall (is that an oxymoron?) but time did not allow for it.  Grace needed a new winter coat and new jeans pronto.  My baby is now big enough to shop at Aeropostale and American Eagle.  She is out of children sizes and now into regular sizes.  Sigh.  We did have fun though.  I love what she choose.  But that is not why I mention this.  Santa is at the mall.  Seriously.  Christmas music blaring, trees lit, come sit on my lap and tell me what you want under the tree Santa.  I vow not to set foot in a mall between now and Christmas...unless I take the time and drive the to the gorgeous mall in White Plains....
I am sitting here typing avoiding the things that are truly stressing me out.  This week I have: writing group, dog walking, CSA pick up, a sleep over, tutoring, Girl Scout cookie booth, co-op, meteorology, and a trip to pack for: 4 people in one suitcase.  3 girls in one suitcase.  Greg really thought we could all just take a carry on.  Is he insane?  He is the expert traveler...I am not.  I cannot crush all my sweaters and my favorite boots into a carry on.  I just won’t....
This is shaping up to be one packed week.  Fasten your seat belts, prepare for take off.  Happy Monday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...