Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Granola


A little bit of fall in a jar......


Pumpkin Spice Granola 
  • 6 cups rolled oats
  • 1/2 cup gluten free flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 cup apple juice concentrate (I used apple cider)
  • 3/4 cup palm sugar
  • 1/2 canola oil
  • 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
  • 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
  • 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts
  • I added 1 cup dried cranberries as well!

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In large bowl combine oats, flour, and salt and stir.
In food processor (I used blender), grind your flaxseeds.  Add apple cider, pumpkin spice, puree, and vanilla. Blend well.  Pour into dry mixture and mix.
Spread on baking pans and bake for 70 minutes, turning the granola over with wooden spoon or spatula every 20 min.   Cool.  Add cranberries.  
I like to keep my granola in a large Ball Jar in the freezer.  It never lasts more than 2 weeks!

*This recipe came from my newest cookbook (Lilah’s cookbook actually.....Sweet & Easy Vegan: Treats made with whole grains and natural sweeteners by Robin Asbell.  It was modified with gluten free flour, apple cider and cranberries.  I highly recommend this cookbook!  Two recipes tried so far and both have been superb.

2 comments:

  1. This looks really good. I think that I need to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate half a batch in less than a week. I did not think I would have to make more so soon! I hope you enjoy it is much as we are.

    ReplyDelete

Due to high levels of span, comment moderation is turned on for the time being. Thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment. I will return it shortly!

Revive Conference 2017

One of the questions homeschoolers get asked ad nauseam is “will they be ready for the ‘real world’?”  Homeschooling is a world free fro...