Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Notebook Girlz: The Blog!


Notebook Girlz blog is now live!  The girls are very excited about this project.  Sharing writing is something that is personal on so many levels.  It opens up the author to feedback, both positive and negative.  As an adult, I would like to think that I have a pretty thick skin but truth be told, I don’t.  It takes me time to brush off a criticism of something I chose to post on my blog.

These are children who are excited about their original thoughts.  I am getting emails asking for editing assistance, About the Author paragraphs and questions about when posts will go up.  There is a palpable energy surrounding this blog and I hope that it is sustainable.  

I also hope that through the sharing of their words, they find support in the writing/blogging community.  We have talked about authors who participate in writing groups and often they are the first people thanked in the acknowledgements page.  There is an honesty that can be found in a writing group that is unique to most forums, perhaps because good writing comes from the heart.  It has to be handled with care, yet the authors are seeking constructive feedback as well.  I have never had to moderate our group.  They just seem to know how to offer positive comments that offer suggestions.  They understand that the author is free to accept or reject the suggestions offered and that creates a certain freedom where all kinds of ideas from the zany to the spot on are offered.

As this group moves forward I am going to be searching for ways to show them the power of the group to which they belong.   I am working on a few ideas......


3 comments:

Diane said...

I read all the posted writing and everyone did a great job. Looking forward to their future postings.
Blessings
Diane

Jessica said...

Thank you for taking the time to pop on over there. It means a great deal to the girls!

Anonymous said...

Unquestionably consider that that you stated.
Your favourite justification seemed to be at the internet the easiest factor to consider of.
I say to you, I definitely get annoyed even as other folks think about worries that they plainly do not
recognize about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the
top as well as defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , people
could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more.
Thanks

My webpage Credit for bad Credit

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...