Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Dreaming is a form of planning


Grace’s guitar lessons are now an hour long.  Rather than wait in the car as we have been doing, Lilah and I decided to venture out and use our time to discover great things.

We found a used book store.  





We bought many books.




We have been reading non-stop lately.  It makes this Mama so very happy.  Ecstatic really.




Then we popped into a new bakery who just happen to be winners of one of Lilah’s favorite shows, TLC’s Cupcake Wars.  This is market research.  





I told Lilah that my dream is to own a used bookstore with lots of fabulous books, a cozy reading nook, tables to work on, and a cafe offering the best coffee and treats.  I would run the bookstore.  She would run the cafe and Grace would play acoustical guitar (or perhaps a piano) on weekends!  Ah to dream........




Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.
Gloria Steinem

6 comments:

Theresa Novak said...

I love when I get time alone with one of the girls, cupcakes or just a walk or a bike ride or a movie...

My dream for when the girls go off on their own is to open a daycare center and work with toddlers...I've been starting to learn about what I will need to do, requirements in our state, etc. I wish we had homeschooled from the beginning and this would be my chance to do some of those things...

Jessica said...

I have thought of doing the same thing too! Sometimes I play around with options that I can do to earn money to pay for college tuition yet have freedom and flexibility to be my own boss.

Diane said...

That's so funny. My dream has always been to own a bookstore too. I love books. Wish my daughter shared the same love, but we are all different people and she has her own loves and passions.
Blessings
Diane

Jessica said...

My oldest has her own plans and with her determination I am sure she will make them happen. There was a fabulous used bookstore in our town that closed a few years ago. I was not in a place where I could have bought the business, but now I think about it from time to time and wonder what if.......

Karen said...

My dream has always been to own a funky, eclectic bookstore too! I think anyone who loves to read has had this dream at times. I want mine to have a spiral staircase. I can honestly picture it in my mind.

When you open yours Keilee can come do monologues and scenes every now and then. ;)

PrairieJenn said...

I think wondering what if... keeps us young. It also inspires our girls to see that anything is possible and that following your passions is a lifelong pursuit!

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...