Monday, July 15, 2013

Art Journaling: Girls


Oh these girls.  These girls who each see life through their own unique lens.  They can take a model, created by Lilah, and turn it into something different and wonderful.  





Planning for this group can be a challenge because they never want to all do the same thing.  The girls who want to come up with their own challenge browse through Pinterest and my old art journals until they find something that strikes their fancy.





It was interesting to use oil pastel twice in the same week.  I prefer using them on a smoother surface, like the Gesso’d board book page.  The paper in our sketchbook is very heavy and textured.  The oil pastel has a completely different look and feel.  





Two coats of Krylon Acrylic Spray were needed to seal the pastel and provide a surface to write on.  Interestingly, I had an easier time writing on the sealed pastel in my sketchbook than in my board book, but I have no explanation as to why...




3 comments:

PrairieJenn said...

I love using oil pastels and I love seeing the differences in each of the journals...each girl's perspective is so unique! Awesome and inspiring!

Karen said...

Love as always. Your Art Journal posts make me happy, terrify me and inspire me all at the same time. :)

Stephanie said...

Gorgeous! Your art journaling posts always make me smile.

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...