Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Blessings

Our writing warm up turned into our sole writing activity for the day.  Nothing too fancy, just a tree.  A tree to symbolize life, growth and renewal, strength, protection and shelter.  While we drew, we contemplated the things we are thankful for, for we have each been given so much.  Family to love us, a home to protect us, food to nurture us, parents to educate us, friends to laugh with us, siblings to grow with us, pets to amuse us, books to satisfy us, and curiosity to sustain us.  Yes, we are blessed, for blessing are not found in things, they are found within us.

**Tree tutorial can be found on my Pinterest Page**














7 comments:

Sandra said...

They look great. I love the concept of focussing on what we are grateful for.

Diane said...

Great journal pages. I so wish we could attend this group of yours. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Blessings
Diane

Karen said...

I love the way these turned out. I love how all of them are different but all beautiful. What kind of paper is this. Keilee looked and noticed it was lined.

Jessica said...

Thanks Karen! We used our regular old writing notebooks. Nothing fancy - no sketchbooks or watercolor paper, just plain ol'writing journals. I had no idea this would become so detailed. I thought they would sketch the tree in black and just give it a watercolor wash. They must have been craving some art time.

Jessica said...

I wish you could too! How much fun that would be......

Jessica said...

I always feel like I don't do enough for the holidays so this was a quick way of incorporating giving thanks into our daily lessons.

Rosemarie said...

I love you photos of the activity. Very colorful and neat angles.

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...