I have consciously made an effort to slow down this holiday season, savor the moments, and not get caught up in the holiday hoopla. I did not want this one to pass by in the blink of an eye.
As far as schoolwork goes, Grace chose an easier chapter on ecology for science and our primary focus was on math. She is on target to begin Geometry in January! Lilah worked along in her math program and tied up some loose ends in her science.
- We incorporated a great deal of Advent and Bible studies into our December days.
- We watched Kirk Cameron’s Saving Christmas and Kevin Sorbo’s God’s Not Dead.
- We listened to The Gospel of Matthew on my Bible app, YouVersion.
- We visited the Knights of Columbus Museum.
- We watched sermons from Black Rock Church online.
- We discovered a praise channel on XM that we love.
- Lilah narrated the closing of our annual Christmas Pageant at church and Grace provided all the music for the performance.
- We began a 12 part Catholic study on Mary through the online service Formed.
- We took Joel Osteen’s sermon on making deposits to heart and did some spontaneous gifting.
- We listened to The Gifts of the Magi by O. Henry, The Christmas Box by Richard Paul Evans, The Little Match Girl (which always, always makes me cry), and A Kidnapped Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum which we discovered pretty quickly was a precursor to The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.
I feel ready to celebrate the birth of Christ. I hope my family does too. This has been my favorite Advent season ever. Slow. Intentional. Thoughtful and at times, peaceful.