Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Art Trail #5: Center for Contemporary Printmaking



Stop 5 on our Art Trail Adventure was a pleasant surprise.  I knew it was small so I called in advance to make sure they could accommodate our group size.  They had one exhibit, miniature prints covering various printmaking techniques submitted by artists from all over the world.  I thought we would be in an out in a half hour.  Silly me.  We were there almost 2 hours.





This turned out to be one of my favorite museums.  It is a little hidden gem on the grounds of Stepping Stones Museum and Lockwood Mathews Mansion (which sadly is closed on Tuesdays).  I have been by this museum so many times and never knew it was there because it is housed in what was once the carriage house of the mansion.





It is also a working museum with resident artists and visiting artists.  Paul, the Museum Director, gave us a lesson in the history of printmaking and showed us an exciting project he is working on, a modern adaptation of renaissance era satirical works.  This is why I love this summer adventure.  We never know what to expect from week to week.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't You Just Stay Home All Day?

It’s funny because last night at youth group some of the kids friends were discussing homeschooling and really truly felt that we stay home...